|Job Title||Emergency Medical Technician EMT|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level course work. EMT Certification from a recognized EMT training program and State EMT Certification. Prefer at least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS. Must be insurable by (Company) driver’s insurance policy.
Under general supervision assess injuries, administer compassionate emergency medical care and extricate trapped individuals. Provide emergency rescue and care to the ill and injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management of illness/injury, preparation for transport, transfer of information and patient care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer first-aid treatment and life-support care to sick or injured persons in pre-hospital setting.
- Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life-support environments.
- Perform or assist in the initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specified protocol and procedures.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
- Observe, record and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management and heart monitoring during ambulance ride.
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members and police and fire department personnel.
- Communicate with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims and to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol and procedure.
- Lead, guide, and/or assist in the training of lower level techs and/or students as specifically assigned.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental and/or infection control standards.
- Inspect emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and standards
- Complete and transfer patient care information and records as per established procedures.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Drive emergency vehicles in stressful situations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities, and equipment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to perform standardized emergency patient care activities within established protocol.
- Ability to provide guidance and support to other EMT staff and/or students.
- Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
- Valid & current State Emergency Medical Technician Licensure
- Valid & current Ambulance Driver Certification
- Valid maintenance and periodic renewal of Medical Examiners Certificate
- Annual TB clearance
- Valid & current Driver’s License
- In good standing with State & County EMSA
- Valid & current CPR card
LIFTING: From floor to 48 inches - 75 lbs. minimum; 76+ lbs. with assistance